Friday, July 22, 2011

Connoisseur's coffee


Several weeks after I have attended that coffee appreciation workshop, I have finally gotten my very first coffee press. Thanks to my friend, I got my Bodum (brand of the coffee press) at a discounted price. Bodum makes good coffee provided you have chosen the right beans. The first brew was Starbucks' Latin America House Blend, the smell was good and the taste was astonishing. That cup of coffee was a best gift for my taste buds.

I fell for coffee ever since the day I have sipped my first cup of Robusta Coffee, we named it Kopi O in Malaysia. If not mistaken, I was sitting beside of my mum while she was playing her mahjong and that authentic coffee was prepared by a granny. Drinking coffee was not an expensive thing for Malaysian, until Starbucks and other franchised cafe came into Malaysians' market. Most of us were mesmerized by their Frappucino, Iced Blended... To me, I was not really fancy with those “over processed contemporary coffee". Gourmet coffee was still my cup of coffee.

Seriously, I would not encourage you all to take instant coffee as it was bad for health and inevitably fattening. If you really love this magic beans, please spare some money for them. The effect of coffee was good, at least you will be much more alert in the morning. Real coffee will boost your brain power, you will definitely be more intelligent after a cup of genuine coffee.

After I have finished this pack of Latin Americano, I would consider to go for Lavazza which is another brand that will not fail to astound you.





No comments: